COME AND JOIN US
The 15th Annual Ottawa Conference: State of the Art Clinical Approaches to Smoking Cessation, will take place on January 20 and 21, 2023. The conference will be returning in-person this year to the Shaw Centre (55 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, ON) with virtual registration options remaining.
What is the Ottawa Conference: State of the Art Clinical Approaches to Smoking Cessation?
Since its formation in 2009, the Ottawa Conference has become an important accredited opportunity for health professionals seeking to gain or enhance knowledge in clinical smoking cessation – an important area of clinical practice.
- Hear from national and international smoking cessation experts on the latest ideas and evidence in clinical tobacco treatment, program development and smoking cessation research
- Network with other health professionals including physicians, nurses, healthcare and community practitioners, researchers, and policy-makers
- Learn of current and emerging concepts to apply to your clinical practice
The event will take place over two days and will feature plenary and breakout sessions, panel discussions, poster displays and networking opportunities.
Overall Conference Learning Objectives:
- Deliver evidence-based, clinical approaches to the treatment of tobacco addiction.
- Demonstrate skills in facilitating smoking cessation in a variety of practice settings.
- Engage with other health professionals in knowledge-sharing activities regarding effective smoking cessation practice.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the University of Ottawa’s Office of Continuing Professional Development. You may claim a maximum of 14.5 hours (credits are automatically calculated).
This one-credit-per-hour Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by the University of Ottawa’s Office of Continuing Professional Development for up to 14.5 Mainpro+ credits.